This Year We Have A Family Theme

Fulfill Your Potential


Monday, April 7, 2014

Wake Up To A Sense of My Reality

I haven't touched this blog for about 3-4 years. To be honest, I have rarely missed it.  For the most part Facebook has taken care of most of my desires to communicate to the world the mini accomplishments of my family.  Lately, however, I have had some experiences that have proven that a deeper explanation of some of our families realities not only can paint a clearer picture, but also be helpful to others who find themselves in the same parade in which we participate. My most sincere desire is simply to cheer you all on, and to share that I believe that you ARE good enough. 

So here it is: as stated at the top - we have hopes and desires for our families,goals that we try to attain, standards that we attempt to reach, but we are ever falling short.  Some of this falling comes because we are playing the wrong game - without trying - we humans, all naturally try to keep up with the Joneses.  Another reason is that "to err is human". I'm sure we can add more reasons to the list, but for now that is enough to make the point.  I have friends and family that I admire, that I swear are leading the life that I want to.  I read about their accomplishments and sit in wonder and awe.  I wonder how do they do it, how do they get to the point of such awesomeness?  Will I ever get there myself?  On occasion, I will post a small miracle from our home. I say miracle, because for us, these things are NOT the norm. That is why it is worth posting. I'm hoping that it is the same with everyone else.  That they are sharing the stories that they share because they are exceptional examples - mini triumphs.  Whenever I openly admit my mistakes to others they always breathe a deep breath and say, thank you for helping me to feel normal!!  So, that is what this blog is about - our reality. What we try to achieve, how it normally fails, and how we celebrate when a ray of sun pushes through giving us an ounce of hope that one day we may achieve some kind of awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment